IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions About the Flat Earth

+164
Forest4theTreez
Atreides
zherot
Ant
Ugly skeptic
hdog
Reecus
pitagoras
flatreality
IamOsoGorgeous
TheRitch
RileySlowWave
gutindra
jtcribbs
Ryan
Master X Officiel
Kotolos
enigma101x
Spunkyweasle
mattbrue
Roban
vidyasundar
King Cosmic 12
Lonn-Alan
osawa_ryuichi@yahoo.co.jp
samuelchill0620
rosesrosesroses
shantitraveler
Lombard
Margaret33
cloudbuster
comradelevelplane
TimCoady30
Puffpanda
TexasPunch
fosborn_
WatchTheCollapse
zeteticseparovich
DJ BROWNIE UK™©
mrg
Thunderbird
BasedMan
Noobians Law
BreezusChrist
NASA Wetsuit Company
maril
Emperor's New Clothes
whps
MoNad
Xander
StillWakingUp
Apologia Christou
NosLegio
round_earth_shill
Mantis
stjohnofthe88keys
Greenlight144000
Gemini
spinningwaterrockhaha
its_Goyim
Slowbutsure
Abioseh
Bicenie
CHIPSTERO7
Jack Aurora
Matthias
Rapsher
Brian Johnston
Jadepurplelover
Alsumu
KyriosMora
Merq
naiveharry
tycho_brahe
Nkmchuck
Nf35
Ricend
Masekone
oilcrash1
AnonymousJirrafe
Alpha
Forthegenerations
ConnorSingh
AlwaysCurious
Moonhowling
NoSpin100
Luminous
Adam Kadmon
nowhereelsetogo
adamb1
Shmack_1
Fajr
Russian Blue Cat
FiachraW
siriusrising
Stuart B
Marby
Carl
Digitalbath
Tree
mikmatey
carter15
Flat Rick
noloferratus
susie
Truth Center
tired_veteran
Samuelanderson
owlspotter
Dual1ty
notdownunder
jz00
c0m1c5tr1p5
FR
SoldierMan
Lightning_Peasant
anderskitson
rotorabba
rotor
icecap
Samtheman91
Oliver_Bestfall
zeek_44
Ranniz
RedorBlue
markwilson
mitch
Tsaltsrif
Skywalker
Anej
ForeverFlat
Pearshapidness
Reddoctober
eazierider
Foreverlearning
Mar L
Justin McCarron
PersonOFLogic
MrBobSapp
Realearth
Earthskeptik
alex9000
Danno25
Wertikal
miangelsai
wolfcub
Leinad¥
ScorpiusBey
thugnastylol
ABalancedKarma
RelearningLogic
eeken
FL@T-E@RTH
joe
inerratic
Admin
vortexpuppy
damnice
KeAlohaSean
csp
baiken
Thinkforyourself
Nev
Schpankme
168 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Questions About the Flat Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions About the Flat Earth

Post by joe Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:15 am

Has anyone ever compared the distance between two lines of longitude along the same line of latitude both north and south of the equator?

If the Earth were truly a globe, then the distance traveled between, for example, 30W 30N <--> 31W 30N and 30W 30S <--> 31W 30S should be the same.

If the Earth were truly flat, then as the latitude line used increases (i.e. as we measure further from the equator), the distances measured in the southern hemisphere would be increasingly larger than the corresponding northern measurements.

I know this is essentially attacking the problem from the same perspective as the southern hemisphere flight routes or Antarctic circumnavigation distance questions, however it seems a pretty simple experiment that I'd expect someone to have done already.

joe

Back to top Go down

Questions About the Flat Earth - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions About the Flat Earth

Post by inerratic Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:29 pm

Good question. I believe it was Captain Cook and Scott, that recorded daily discrepencies of up to 29 miles from their plotted distances when he was skirting the Antarctic coastline. Also, isn't this one of the reasons that the Airlines always travel north from the lower latitudes. There is a lot of info on this site about them. Now days you have the Antarctic Treaty blocking any outside exploration.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by joe Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Interesting.  I have started reading Cook's journals, and they are pretty fascinating.  Makes me wish I lived in a time where there was still a "true" frontier for people to explore.

I understand the Antarctic Treaty blocks any exploration in the "deep south", however, it would seem that the experiment I mentioned could be done without having to get much further north/south from the equator than 5 °, which at ~68.71 miles per degree latitude is ~343.55 miles north/south of the equator.  The distance between degrees of longitude at 5 ° latitude is supposedly ~68.91 miles (I used an online tool to get these longitude distances.  I am not allowed to post links, but you can search for "Length Of A Degree Of Latitude And Longitude Calculator" on google to find what I used.  It was on the msi.nga.mil domain).

On a globe Earth, then, we would expect, for example, 5°N 70°W to 5°N 71°W and 5°S 70°W and 5°S 71°W to each be ~68.91 miles apart.
On a flat Earth, we would expect 5°S 70°W to 5°S 71°W to be further apart than that.

On a globe Earth, we know that the "longitude distance" should be greatest at the equator (~69.17, according to that site), and at the pole, it is effectively 0.  At 89° latitude, it is only ~1.21 miles.
On a flat Earth, the southern "longitude distances" should all be longer than ~69.17 miles.

Are there any members here living in the southern hemisphere who has the necessary time/money/equipment/etc to go ahead and measure the distance between adjacent degrees of longitude while travelling directly east/west?

Alternatively, is there any reason this experiment might not be definitive?  As far as I can tell, the only potential weakness would be due to GPS-based longitude measures being somehow manipulated, however that seems unlikely, since I would assume that a GPS device in the southern hemisphere was "reliable" in that, for instance, a circumnavigation of the globe would show a continuous change in longitude, with the original/final position having the same measured longitude.  If that wasn't the case, it seems it would be pretty difficult to cover that fact up, and would itself be solid proof that the shape of the Earth is not a "settled" matter.

joe

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:23 pm

That would be a great experiment for someone south of the equator to try, since the airplane flight distances are adjusted to make them fit the ball. Take a look at the "Azmuthal Equaldistant" projection map. The "Gleason's New Standard Map of the World", of 1892 is such a map. As for the GPS, look into the FE videos on airlines flights in the southern hemisphere. So many false flights, who's tracking is shut off 1 hr after takeoff and 1hr before landing tend to make you believe in the manipulation.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

The GPS is not 'switched off' in the Southern hemisphere, all GPS uses 3 land-based towers and due to the lack of land and all the open sea the planes can not be triangulated, this is why you see them at the start of their flight on the GPS, then they disappear before magically reappearing just before landing as they then can be triangulated from 3 land based towers as they approach land.
FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

comradelevelplane likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Sorry, my bad, I did not mean the GPS was switched off, but the tracking on "planefinder.net". Someone had brought up the concept that if the tracking was not working for any reason, the passengers could not be found and rescued, if the aircraft went down.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by eeken Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:56 am

Hi tried to start a thread about this but maybe that was wrong, didn't know the rules hehe... My question was this: How come no one of the other major researchers like David Icke, Jordan Maxwell etc talks about the Flat Earth? I know Eric mentioned that they are all long bought for and paid for and what I want to bring up to discussion is that do you guys mean these people as well? I have a hard time believing that David Icke is controlled opposition do you guys think so?

eeken

Back to top Go down

Post by FL@T-E@RTH Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:00 am

David Icke is certainly controlled opposition and he will not talk about Flat Earth because it contradicts all his crackpot bullshit books, he 'postulates' the Moon is a hollow space ship built by Aliens, the Royal Family are shape-shifting lizards and so on.

He was shown to be the true money-man he has always been with his 'peoples voice' venture which raised well over £1 Million.
The initial campaign asked for £100,000 to fund the first year and raised over £370,000, but within 4 weeks he was asking for more and raised another £300,000 and then within 4 months all the money was gone and TPV disappeared less than 6 months after it started.

FL@T-E@RTH
FL@T-E@RTH

ukimranali and comradelevelplane like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eeken Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:34 am

That's interesting I have always liked his stuff but definitely thought it was weird that he hasn't brought up the Flat Earth etc. And yea his aliens reptilian things can be kinda far out hehe. So you say he is basically a con or is some of the things he says good? I mean like do you guys think he is just ignorant or purposely avoiding the Flat Earth?

eeken

Back to top Go down

Post by RelearningLogic Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:28 am

eeken wrote:I mean like do you guys think he is just ignorant or purposely avoiding the Flat Earth?

Didn't FL@T-E@RTH answer you very clearly?
Would a paid controlled opposition be really be willing to tell you the full truth?

If you don't know what a controlled opposition mean, read the other the topic here and educate yourself

http://ifers.123.st/f10-flat-earth-shills-trolls-and-controlled-opposition

RelearningLogic

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:49 pm

I am a little afraid of opening a new topic about Plato, because of all the warnings above. Can I get permission to do so from admin. before I try. There is much more info on FE in Aristotle and Plato of great interest, that I think would justify it's own Topic.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:19 am

Hey Inerratic, that sounds worthy of its own topic, thanks for sharing your research. Peace
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inerratic Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Thank you Admin. I started, Aristotle, Plato and their Commentators, in Reference Materials.
inerratic
inerratic

Back to top Go down

Post by ABalancedKarma Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:49 pm

david icke is a paid shill. and gullible people is making him even more rich. his "researches" are total bullshits and crap! I once saw a video of one of his "show", and he said some shit like "saturn was our ancient sun before the actual sun"... sure! that's major sign of a jew puppet, look at what saturn means to those scumbags!

also, he was using a very bad, talentless and really crap band that played some shitty music, named "ancient order", with a crystal clear occult symbol. they are on youtube if you want to listen to crap music. eventually, these sellouts had a decent production, I guess a bunch of masons literally managed to make them sound a bit "hip", or at least less amateurish, and they are now making an album... that said, fuck david icke and fuck these talentless sellouts.

P.S. about shapeshifters reptilians: jews like to mock us with that crap. dragons, lizard/serpent men, green aliens and the like are just their way to make fun of us. they are like cold-blooded animals, and they know it, that's why they identified with reptiles. just like in "they live", they're depicting themselves like some supernatural beings, but they are just psychopaths.
ABalancedKarma
ABalancedKarma

ukimranali likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thugnastylol Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

harounkola wrote:I've come across this YouTube channel today and I want to know some of the answers to the question this video makers asks of Flat Earthers.

youtube.com/channel/UCx3s3t5kpD4VMfJjDi5keXw

The videos are at:
youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw

And:
youtube.com/watch?v=TeMooNFtFJk

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Take a look through the forum, there is so much info to digest here. If there are specific questions that are not covered in the main forums, please post each specifically in the correct thread to get the best answer.

thugnastylol

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpiusBey Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Does the precession of the equinoxes fit in with the flat earth model, and what about the claims from the "new age movement" followers that we are entering into the age of aquarius?

ScorpiusBey

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm

ScorpiusBey wrote:
precession of the equinoxes

Polaris is the Pole Star, there has never been "precession" or changing of the Pole Star.
Latin: Stella Polaris, means "Pole Star"
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Post by ScorpiusBey Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 pm

Schpankme wrote:
ScorpiusBey wrote:
precession of the equinoxes

Polaris is the Pole Star, there has never been "precession" or changing of the Pole Star.
Latin: Stella Polaris, means "Pole Star"
no precession also means there are no astrological ages right?

ScorpiusBey

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:27 pm

ScorpiusBey wrote:
no precession
no astrological ages right

Correct, no precession means no astrological ages.
Schpankme
Schpankme

comradelevelplane likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Leinad¥ Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 pm

inerratic wrote:Without any answers to the above, my case is this: I believe that some interested parties in the past, have altered Plato and Aristotles works to include that "everyone believed the earth was spherical because as ships sailed away, they would disappear gradually from the hull to the mast". My contention is that when they replaced the flat earth with spherical, they forgot to remove the parts about the Firmament and the dome spheres. One of the domes is specifically called the "Inerratic Sphere". The spheres carry the sun, moon, planets with their related stars, the fixed stars and the sphere of the either. Obviously, the ball earth only works with the heliocentric version, so leaving the firmament and dome spheres in only works with the flat earth version. Plato and Aristotle are both full of references to the domes and their mechanisms. Any comments?

When they add things like 'firmament' and some flat earth clues it actually creates more confusion than if it was without because it errs direction.

I don't think they 'forget' anything. They know people will eventually find out the earth is flat, their motto is to reduce the amount of people that do, and if possible; to lead the opposition. These people are incredibly smart and make theories that mimic reality and to say they forgot to remove something as huge as that out of a plan thousands of years in the making is ludicrous.

Leinad¥
Leinad¥

Back to top Go down

Post by Schpankme Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Leinad¥ wrote:
Plato and Aristotles believed the earth was spherical
they forgot to remove the parts about the Firmament and the dome spheres

These people make theories that mimic reality
to say they forgot to remove something
out of a plan thousands of years in the making is ludicrous

There is another answer; create Men that are super geniuses who it is claimed existed 2,000 years ago (Atheism vs Theism), and who claim that every light source seen in the distance are in fact Spaceballs, illuminated by the Sun in a Heliocentric universe; and all these claims can be proof for future geniuses, "without ever proving it".

Last edited by Schpankme on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Schpankme
Schpankme

Back to top Go down

Post by csp Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:42 am

Schpankme wrote:
Leinad¥ wrote:
Plato and Aristotles believed the earth was spherical
they forgot to remove the parts about the Firmament and the dome spheres

These people make theories that mimic reality
to say they forgot to remove something
out of a plan thousands of years in the making is ludicrous

There is another answer; create Men that are super geniuses from the past, who it is claimed existed 2,000 years ago (Atheism vs Theism), and who claim that every light source seen in the distance are in fact Spaceballs, illuminated by the Sun in a Heliocentric universe; and all these claims can be proof for future geniuses, "without ever proving it".

Just like "satellite images" are proof of satellites, without proving the existence of satellites.

A house of magical floating cards, with no foundation.
csp
csp

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfcub Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone
Can anyone point me to a link or source where one can follow the derivation of the "curve" formula from first principles? I know the accepted rate of cuvature is "8 X the mile squared", but I haven't found where anyone has presented the whole calculation from scratch (not that I've looked to hard - thought IFERS would be a good place to ask first Smile )
wolfcub
wolfcub

http://www.lowellvickers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miangelsai Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:48 pm

My friend , check this on youtube .

The World first Flat Earth Engineer: Unseen Discovery
idongesit sam
idongesit sam

miangelsai

Back to top Go down

Post by Wertikal Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi

Anyone who has knowledge about "Struve Geodetic Arc"
Cannot find out how they messured it, only that the messuring and math was huge and complex.Rolling Eyes
At first i thought it only was a meridian check of some sort but it turns out that the result of this actually supports Isaac Newtons theory that the earth is not perfectly round.

If anyone has something on this please share with me.

This has been inscribed in UNESCO World Heritage Site and we all know who the ppl behind UNESCO is!

btw Newton was right, earth is not perfectly round, its perfeclty flat.
Well i will continue to investigate this, keep up the good work guys.

Wertikal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next