IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses

4 posters

Go down

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Empty Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses

Post by Admin Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:01 am

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Lighthouse_picture_DT005CPVOA7

A copy of the book “The Lighthouses of the World” and a calculator are enough to prove that the Earth is not a globe, but an extended flat plane. The distance from which various lighthouse lights around the world are visible at sea far exceeds what could be found on a globe Earth 25,000 miles in circumference. For example, the Dunkerque Light in southern France at an altitude of 194 feet is visible from 28 miles away. Spherical trigonometry dictates that if the Earth was a globe with the given curvature of 8 inches per mile squared, this light should be hidden 190 feet below the horizon!

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Lighthouse

The Port Nicholson Light in New Zealand is 420 feet above sea-level and visible from 35 miles away which means it should be 220 feet below the horizon. The Egerö Light in Norway is 154 feet above high-water and visible from 28 statute miles where it should be 230 feet below the horizon. The Light at Madras, on the Esplanade, is 132 feet high and visible from 28 miles away, where it should be 250 feet below the line of sight. The Cordonan Light on the west coast of France is 207 feet high and visible from 31 miles away, putting it 280 feet below the line of sight. The light at Cape Bonavista, Newfoundland is 150 feet above sea-level and visible at 35 miles, where it should be 491 feet below the horizon. And the lighthouse steeple of St. Botolph’s Parish Church in Boston is 290 feet tall and visible from over 40 miles away, where it should be hidden a full 800 feet below the horizon!

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Flat-lighthouse

“The distance across St. George's Channel, between Holyhead and Kingstown Harbour, near Dublin, is at least 60 statute miles. It is not an uncommon thing for passengers to notice, when in, and for a considerable distance beyond the centre of the Channel, the Light on Holyhead Pier, and the Poolbeg Light in Dublin Bay. The Lighthouse on Holyhead Pier shows a red light at an elevation of 44 feet above high water; and the Poolbeg Lighthouse exhibits two bright lights at an altitude of 68 feet; so that a vessel in the middle of the Channel would be 30 miles from each light; and allowing the observer to be on deck, and 24 feet above the water, the horizon on a globe would be 6 miles away. Deducting 6 miles from 30, the distance from the horizon to Holyhead, on the one hand, and to Dublin Bay on the other, would be 24 miles. The square of 24, multiplied by 8 inches, shows a declination of 384 feet. The altitude of the lights in Poolbeg Lighthouse is 68 feet; and of the red light on Holyhead Pier, 44 feet. Hence, if the earth were a globe, the former would always be 316 feet and the latter 340 feet below the horizon!” -Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe!” (59)

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Moving_waterfall_picture_306

“The lights which are exhibited in lighthouses are seen by navigators at distances at which, according to the scale of the supposed ‘curvature’ given by astronomers, they ought to be many hundreds of feet, in some cases, down below the line of sight! For instance: the light at Cape Hatteras is seen at such a distance (40 miles) that, according to theory, it ought to be nine-hundred feet higher above the level of the sea than it absolutely is, in order to be visible! This is a conclusive proof that there is no ‘curvature,’ on the surface of the sea - ‘the level of the sea,’- ridiculous though it is to be under the necessity of proving it at all: but it is, nevertheless, a conclusive proof that the Earth is not a globe.” -William Carpenter, “100 Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe” (5)

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses LADY_LIBERTY_AT_NIGHT

The Isle of Wight lighthouse in England is 180 feet high and can be seen up to 42 miles away, a distance at which modern astronomers say the light should fall 996 feet below line of sight. The Cape L’Agulhas lighthouse in South Africa is 33 feet high, 238 feet above sea level, and can be seen for over 50 miles. If the world was a globe, this light would fall 1,400 feet below an observer’s line of sight! The Statue of Liberty in New York stands 326 feet above sea level and on a clear day can be seen as far as 60 miles away. If the Earth was a globe, that would put Lady Liberty at an impossible 2,074 feet below the horizon! The lighthouse at Port Said, Egypt, at an elevation of only 60 feet has been seen an astonishing 58 miles away, where, according to modern astronomy it should be 2,182 feet below the line of sight!

“The distance at which lights can be seen at sea entirely disposes of the idea that we are living on a huge ball.” -Thomas Winship, “Zetetic Cosmogeny” (58)

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses 102-Antwerp-cath

Another great example is the Notre Dame Antwerp spire standing 403 feet high from the foot of the tower with Strasburg measuring 468 feet above sea level. With the aid of a telescope, ships can be distinguished on the horizon and captains declare they can see the cathedral spire from an amazing 150 miles away. If the Earth were a globe, however, at that distance the spire should be an entire mile, 5,280 feet below the horizon!

“In the account of the trigonometrical operations in France, by M. M. Biot and Arago, it is stated that the light of a powerful lamp, with good reflectors, was placed on a rocky summit, in Spain, called Desierto las Palmas, and was distinctly seen from Camprey, on the Island of Iviza. The elevation of the two points was nearly the same, and the distance between them nearly 100 miles. If the earth is a globe, the light on the rock in Spain would have been more than 6600 feet, or nearly one mile and a quarter, below the line of sight.” -Dr. Samuel Rowbotham, “Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe!” (59)

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses US507999

A man named Lietenant-Colonel Portlock used oxy-hydrogen Drummond’s Lights and heliostats for reflecting the sun’s rays across stations set up on Precelly, a mountain in South Wales and Kippure, a mountain 10 miles south-west of Dublin. The instruments were placed at the same altitude above sea-level and shined across 108 miles of St. George’s Channel. Technical problems plagued Portlock’s experiment for weeks, until finally one successful morning he wrote: “For five weeks I watched in vain; when, to my joy, the heliostat blazed out in the early beams of the rising sun, and continued visible as a bright star the whole day.” If the world were a globe, Portlock’s light should have remained forever invisible hidden under approximately a mile and a half of Earth’s curvature!

“If we take a journey down the Chesapeake Bay, by night, we shall see the ‘light’ exhibited at Sharpe's Island for an hour before the steamer gets to it. We may take up a position on the deck so that the rail of the vessel's side will be in a line with the ‘light’ and in the line of sight; and we shall find that in the whole journey the light won't vary in the slightest degree in its apparent elevation. But, say that a distance of thirteen miles has been traversed, the astronomers' theory of ‘curvature’ demands a difference (one way or the other!) in the apparent elevation of the light, of 112 feet 8 inches! Since, however, there is not a difference of 100 hair's breadths, we have a plain proof that the water of the Chesapeake Bay is not curved, which is a proof that the Earth is not a globe.” -William Carpenter, “100 Proofs the Earth is Not a Globe” (36)

“We are fairly entitled to conclude, therefore, from the reliable data furnished as to how far lights at sea can be seen, that the world is an extended plane, and not the globe of astronomical speculation.” -Thomas Winship, “Zetetic Cosmogeny” (62)

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/04/flat-earth-enlightenment.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Empty Re: Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Posted by Admin on 04/19/2015
Who runs this TET's Truth Tube channel on YouTube? Overall it's a great video but I find it interesting they took my above flat Earth article as well as the following one on Why They Lie To Us About the Flat Earth and put it into the video almost verbatim, but didn't mention the fact that they were from me or that they were even quoting anyone. Then in the middle of my lighthouse explanations they thanked confirmed shill, self-admitted psychopath "Andrea Cenci from Our World forum" for the equation! Then they go back to quoting me without "quoting me" for most of the video, and only finally at the end do they mention me in a list of 10 others, where again they thank Andrea Cenci / Our World. Why didn't they mention IFERS or the fact they were quoting me throughout the entire video? Am I being unreasonable or does this smell shilly?

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Apparently 'dangerous person'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Empty Re: Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Posted by Admin on 04/19/2015
I see TETsTruthTube is already a member at Acenci's forum since April 9th (he's online right now too)! It's ridiculous to think any genuine "flat Earth truther" would somehow find and join Acenci's forum and praise/credit his "work" (a guy that admits he's too lazy to even read a flat Earth book, let alone write one or provide any useful research) BEFORE joining here or introducing himself to the person he plagiarizes in so many videos. TETShillTube or what?

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Posted by Admin on 04/23/2015
FLAT EARTH:

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Posted by paradigm on 04/27/2015
Just imagine the CN Tower is a lighthouse and this photo is a good example

This photo taken from the Rheinhessen Estate Bed & Breakfast - St. Catharines Photo: Toronto skyline across Lake Ontario- which is 31 miles as I measured on Google Earth

This should place Toronto at approx 640 feet below the horizon, but we can clearly see the city down to the street level, which sits just above the lake level.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g155013-i75499031-St_Catharines_Ontario.html

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Toronto-skyline-across

And from the beach at Olcott NY, around 40 miles away

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Img4d1e87078dc83

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Posted by schpankme on 05/10/2015

May 9, 2015 18:26:37 GMT eschaton said:

Dunkerque Light in southern France 
altitude of 194 feet
visible from 28 miles away

28 x 28 = 784 x 8 = 6272 /12 = 523 - 194 = 329ft

why does it say it should only be 190 feet below?

Your math is correct, the distance seen is probably based on the "candlepower" of the light.

1000 candlepower = can be seen at about 14 miles (HOG ISLAND SHOAL LIGHT - 1940's)

note: on the Ball Earth, at an elevation of 325 feet, you can only see to the Horizon at 24 miles.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Posted by Admin on 06/03/2015
The "rush" it gives these psychopaths is known as "Duper's Delight." Personally I get an opposite kind of rush from exposing the truth to everyone, Truther's Delight Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses Smiley

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted by dan on 06/03/2015
I love how they label anybody who disagrees with them. "Truther". Like it's a bad thing to search for truth? The sad thing is people actually fall for this labelling and quickly and all to easily fall into the MSM's propaganda. "Conspiracy theorist". Like two bad men never sat down in private and conspired to commit a crime lol. It's beyond ignorance. "Prepper" It's insane to store food and stock water when all we need to do is rely on big gov to provide our needs. I am pretty sure our North American and Aussie ancestors were not labelled with these ridiculous derogatory terms when they were battening down the hatches and stocking supplies to prepare for their harsh winters, in fact if they did not do this they would have been labelled insane. The tables have been turned big time in the last 100 years and humanity is just sitting ducks for our psychopathic controllers.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Posted by Admin on 06/03/2015

Jun 3, 2015 13:15:08 GMT droidfuel said:
"For example, the Dunkerque Light in southern France at an altitude of 194 feet is visible from 28 miles away. Spherical trigonometry dictates that if the Earth was a globe with the given curvature of 8 inches per mile squared, this light should be hidden 190 feet below the horizon!"

I can't get the math to work correctly:
(28 miles) x (28 miles) x (8 inches) = 6,272 inches 
(6,272 inches) / (12 in/ft) = 522.67 ft
522.67 ft - 194 feet = 328.67 ft not 190

On a ball-Earth you could see the light as far away as the tower's height brings the tangent to a sphere 25,000 miles in circumference, so this also must be subtracted to figure how much further the light should be hidden "below" the horizon. I'm not sure the exact equation, but in this case, for example the extra distance would be the difference (328 - 190 = 138) extra you mentioned.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nev Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Thinkforyourself wrote:Posted by Admin on 04/23/2015
FLAT EARTH:

The land disappears, 'hull first', just like a boat, and passes beyond the limit of angular resolution, just like the 'disappearing' boat that the school and college textbooks promote.

Nev

Back to top Go down

Post by Hisoka Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:16 am

The whole 'X feet bellow the horizon' is fine, but it may sound confusing to some people. To me it's easier to understand it if you can say "In order to see the light from the lighthouse from that distance, the person on the boat needs to be X feet/meters above the see level".
So I've decided to calculate that number for every lighthouse mentioned here. First, I'll explain the math through this picture, it's not that complicated.

Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses 938a72c74b5f8c97d15c7679bfa85fc3

x - the height necessary in order to see the light, that's what we wanna find.
r - the radius of the Earth, and according to the ballers that's 6 371km.
L - How high above the see level is the light from the lighthouses (we have this information for every lighthouse).
d - the distance from the lighthouse to the person on the boat (we have this as well).
d2 - the distance from the lighthouse to the point where the light makes a tangent on the Earth
d1 - the distance from that point to the person on the boat.

First we calculate d2 using Pythagorean theorem, than we can calculate d1, and than again by using Pythagorean theorem on the other triangle, we can find x:
Flat Earth Enlightenment From Lighthouses 2b204f75ec2720e750df9aa32b2903e6

This is probably the math you learn at school when you are 14-15yo, so it's not that difficult, though I may be terrible at explaining...and I'm certainly terrible at photoshop...

I've used the data that Eric provided, and these are the results for the lighthouses he mentioned:

The Port Nicholson Light in New Zealand: The person needs to be at least 19.9m (65ft) above the water in order to see the light.

Egero Light in Norway: The person needs to be at least 33.3m (109ft) above the water in order to see the light.

Light at Madras, on the Esplanade: The person needs to be at least 39.4m (129ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The Cordonan Light on the west coast of France: The person needs to be at least 36.4m (119ft) above the water in order to see the light.

Light at Cape Bonavista, Newfoundland: The person needs to be at least 81.3m (267ft) above the water in order to see the light.

Light at St. Botolph's Parish Church in Boston: The person needs to be at least 74.5m (244ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The Isle of Wight lighthouse in England: The person needs to be at least 132.9m (436ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The Cape L’Agulhas lighthouse in South Africa: The person needs to be at least 157.7m (517ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The Statue of Liberty in New York: The person needs to be at least 291.8m (957ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The lighthouse at Port Said, Egypt: The person needs to be at least 348.2m (1142ft) above the water in order to see the light.

The Notre Dame Antwerp spire: The person needs to be at least 3099.9m (10170ft) above the water in order to see the spire.

Now, I'm no expert on boats, but I'm pretty sure that a 3km high boat doesn't exist. I mean you would have to be really high just to be able to imagine something like that. Though some may argue that even on the ball you could be able to see some of this lighthouses with the biggest boat that exist, there are still plenty of lighthouses that are absolutely impossible on a ball...unless you use as an argument light bending gravity, I mean deceptive magical illusions.
Hisoka
Hisoka

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Read the Entire Article Here: https://ericdubay.wordpress.com/2018/07/11/enlightenment-from-lighthouses

"Enlightenment From Lighthouses" is a chapter from the book "The Flat Earth Conspiracy" available here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/ericdubay
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Spake Face likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down