IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?

5 posters

Go down

How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?   Empty How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Posted by marleyites on 09/06/2015

After finding this forum and reading the Be Vegan thread, watching the videos and observing my daughter's family transform into ultra-healthy, I stopped eating meat/dairy/animal products.

It's been a miracle for my life.

But now, I don't want anything to do with killing animals. Even using killed animals to feed my 2 dogs.

One is a little Pekingese and the other a big, black Lab-Chow mix.

I usually feed them brown rice and grass fed, nonGMO meat.

They have no interest in veggies, fruits or nuts/seeds.

So, my question is this:  have any of you switched your meat-eating dogs to plant-based diet?  If yes, how the heck did you do it?

I'm sure I will not be the only one wondering about this.  Thank you for any and all input.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Apparently 'dangerous person'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?   Empty Re: How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Posted by Admin on 09/06/2015

My parents switched their dog to a vegan diet and she has been thriving to the point that the vet was shocked and took blood tests to confirm that her health has improved! She was originally suffering from something which the vegan diet cured... I'll have to ask my parents for more specifics and update later...

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?   Empty Re: How To Switch Suitable Pets To A Vegetarian Diet?

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Posted by marleyites on 09/07/2015

Thanks, Eric, for the reply. I'd love to hear from anyone with help on managing the switchover from meat-based to plant-based diet for suitable pet.

I have dogs who love meat; I've been feeding organic beef that I bought for myself.  Since I no longer eat animals, the dogs will eat the rest of the meat in the freezer until it's gone.

This article looks like good advice about HOW to do the switch (I'm convinced that dogs can thrive on vegan-style diet).  

happyherbivore.com/2012/05/how-change-your-dog-vegan-diet/

You eat a plant-based diet and proudly call yourself a Herbie (herbivore) or a Vegan. If you have a dog companion, you have probably asked yourself at one point, "Can my dog be a Herbie (vegan), too? Can he survive, or even thrive on a vegan diet?" The answer is YES, your dog can happily live on vegan diet, with the exception of some dogs with allergies or other food issues, or specific health problems that require a different dietary approach.

[unfortunately, this writer ^ goes on to talk about how dogs "evolved" from wolves, etc., which I do not believe happened.]

I do like the term "Herbie" rather than "vegan" which seems more like a religion or cult.  And I absolutely relate to herbs of all sorts.  It's semantics, a peculiarity of mine I suppose.

Here's my plan to change dog diets:
Continue feeding beef cooked in water added to cooked brown rice, increasing rice content while decreasing meat proportion.
Will add vegetable puree to meat/rice mixture and increase this amount as it's accepted.

Maybe this will help others who would like to disconnect from the meat-matrix of death, exploitation, destruction, grief and fear.  We cannot disassociate our lives/feelings from that of our so-called "animal" friends.  And I don't believe they are "animals" but that they are a sort of people, a living life, and that they don't speak our language (even though they know some words and seem to know what we are saying), and they don't look like us, but are "us" anyway.  

I'll update with new info.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lotuseater Thu May 05, 2016 12:27 am

Hi, this is my first post here and I wanted to share this video about Vegan Dog Food from the Banana TV youtube channel...
https://youtu.be/rllOJEBnjYQ
lotuseater
lotuseater

Back to top Go down

Post by starfox42 Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:55 am

Came here looking for info to help my pup, black lab kibble eater.
Thanks for think link, marleyites.

I'll try to keep updated here!
starfox42
starfox42

Back to top Go down

Post by magaia Sun May 05, 2019 4:57 am

Got my kiddo's on V-dog.  They are thriving.  It's been a few months now.  They are older and act like pups.  I chose it instead of the other vegan one because v-dog is the only one that doesn't have soy.  Unless you make food by hand of course.  I supplement extra veggies on top sometimes.  The big guy especially loves broccoli.  They both don't like raw veggies, just cooked.  It's not needed but gives them some variety.  I also give out their treats by v-dog as well.  The breath bones because the other ones are too small and the weenie girl likes to hold them in her feet.

magaia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadepurplelover Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:31 pm

I give my pitbulls dick van patten vegetarian formula and they love it.

Jadepurplelover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum