IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earth Not a Globe! (eBook)

4 posters

Go down

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Empty Earth Not a Globe! (eBook)

Post by Admin Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:38 am

"Zetetic Astronomy - Earth Not a Globe! An Experimental Inquiry Into the True Figure of the Earth, Proving It a Plane, Without Orbital or Axial Motion, and the Only Known Material World" (They liked really long titles back in the 19th century) by Dr. Samuel Rowbotham was the most famous and influential flat Earth book of its time. Here it is in its entirety:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Empty Reference to flat disc earth in Isaiah.

Post by c316317 Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:26 pm

Thanks for this link. I looked in the last part XV, List of Works and could not find this ref. I found after reading a ref. in another old book about these words: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that "stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:   All I knew was that it was somewhere in Isaiah. After reading  I found it. ( Isaiah 40:22 ) I believe some versions may have the word "Disc" involved. Just an interesting reference, I don't have an Iron in the fire here.

c316317

Back to top Go down

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Empty Zetetic Astronomy

Post by RileySlowWave Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:14 pm

hey all, just cracked open [& smelled] my new copy of S. B. Rowbotham’s “Zetetic Astronomy” (1849~1881), & wanted to say first, thanks to Mr. Dubay for blazing this trail & introducing me/us to so many great resources — truly, imagining how i thought just a couple years ago to today is refreshing

i’ll start this thread w/ a quote from the book:

“To think honestly, then, is to think freely; freedom and honesty of thought are truly but interchangeable terms. For how can he think honestly, who dreads his being landed in this or that conclusion? Such an one has already predetermined in his heart how he shall think, and what he shall believe. Perfect truth, like perfect love, casteth out fear.”

super excited for this one(!!)
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

http://flateartheducation.com

Back to top Go down

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Empty Re: Earth Not a Globe! (eBook)

Post by RileySlowWave Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:25 am

RileySlowWave wrote:hey all, just cracked open [& smelled] my new copy of S. B. Rowbotham’s “Zetetic Astronomy” (1849~1881), & wanted to say first, thanks to Mr. Dubay for blazing this trail & introducing me/us to so many great resources — truly, imagining how i thought just a couple years ago to today is refreshing

“To think honestly, then, is to think freely; freedom and honesty of thought are truly but interchangeable terms. For how can he think honestly, who dreads his being landed in this or that conclusion? Such an one has already predetermined in his heart how he shall think, and what he shall believe. Perfect truth, like perfect love, casteth out fear.”

yo, this book is something special; something like the ‘holy grail’ of flat-Earth research [along w/ all the other wonderful & brilliant research that’s been & continues to be done]

it stands out, method-first(!!!) [the Zetetic approach], & proceeds from evidence to conclusion in a way that is SO refreshing

practically out the gate, it PROVES the curve is a farce using the Bedford Level experiment(s); even admitting a ‘gotcha’ moment that becomes explainable w/ a bend in the water, thus fully satisfying to the reader

i skipped ahead & read a few standouts:

1) Tides: talk about a mind-boggler

he shows that, in effect, the evidence demonstrates that the Earth plane is actually FLOATING on water, which he elucidates to be calm & peaceful under the surface chaos [even in the worst storms, dive down X distance & it’s serene & ‘still’]

he shows that the ebb & flood tides are irregular & variable everywhere, in part due to the splish-splashing effect of colliding waves & dynamic weather/pressure

he shows how silly the notion of lunar cause to their primary effect to be, for many reasons, & notes that if they have any relationship it can be deduced later

astonishing was the experiment showing a telescope pointed at Polaris, which rises & falls in ~12 hour cycles, which is the proof for the plane itself floating [that water is practically uncondensible], although our atmosphere is pressurized

2) nightfall in southern extremes: using mariner logs, he shows simply that during January to February, where we’re told 24 hr sun exists, people reported darkness around 9pm & sunrise around 4am, w/ the days becoming perceptibly shorter in February

so yea, wanted to overflow some excitement into this thread — this book is worth having(!!)

plenty to learn & know

actually, what causes the ‘great deep’ to rise & fall is still a mystery to me — comments welcome
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

TyrannicalSawdustRex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Wed May 10, 2023 9:02 pm

still working through this great tome: today i hit/found a payload w/ his plane trigonometric calculations of solar distance as well as stars

going off memory, he states the sun to be between 400-700 miles above us; & the stars to be ~1000 miles

this made me happy, as i’d been struggling to believe the ~3000 mile distances i’d been hearing; thinking it had to be less

he says the diameter of the plane is around 10,400 miles

anecdotally, i shudder/cringe when thinking about relaying wrong/misinfo to people(!!) & try to rectify that… such is the learning process ✌
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

TyrannicalSawdustRex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Empty Original Research

Post by RileySlowWave Thu May 11, 2023 9:32 pm

Hey all, had the big idea to use spreadsheets to graph/chart depths & heights; which I'll share:

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Height-Depth-Survey

I used 3 oceans, 3 seas, 3 central continent points, 3 tall mountains; then some celestial objects.

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Height-Depth-Graph-Charted

This one gives a visual of their lowest, average, & highest points.

Earth Not a Globe!  (eBook) Height-Depth-Graph-Charted-w-Celestial

The final image here is a scaled model of the deepest oceans along w/ tallest mountains up to stars (using Rowbotham's 1000 mile estimation).

I collected these into a PDF, which is available here: http://flateartheducation.com/images/Height-Depth-Research.pdf

Lastly, I estimated the moon's altitude by halving the sun's, figuring that was probably close; I might update this w/ the planets for funsies...
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicalSawdustRex Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:40 pm

RileySlowWave wrote:
RileySlowWave wrote:hey all, just cracked open [& smelled] my new copy of S. B. Rowbotham’s “Zetetic Astronomy” (1849~1881), & wanted to say first, thanks to Mr. Dubay for blazing this trail & introducing me/us to so many great resources — truly, imagining how i thought just a couple years ago to today is refreshing

yo, this book is something special; something like the ‘holy grail’ of flat-Earth research [along w/ all the other wonderful & brilliant research that’s been & continues to be done]

it stands out, method-first(!!!) [the Zetetic approach], & proceeds from evidence to conclusion in a way that is SO refreshing

practically out the gate, it PROVES the curve is a farce using the Bedford Level experiment(s); even admitting a ‘gotcha’ moment that becomes explainable w/ a bend in the water, thus fully satisfying to the reader

he shows that, in effect, the evidence demonstrates that the Earth plane is actually FLOATING on water, which he elucidates to be calm & peaceful under the surface chaos [even in the worst storms, dive down X distance & it’s serene & ‘still’]

he shows that the ebb & flood tides are irregular & variable everywhere, in part due to the splish-splashing effect of colliding waves & dynamic weather/pressure

he shows how silly the notion of lunar cause to their primary effect to be, for many reasons, & notes that if they have any relationship it can be deduced later

astonishing was the experiment showing a telescope pointed at Polaris, which rises & falls in ~12 hour cycles, which is the proof for the plane itself floating [that water is practically uncondensible], although our atmosphere is pressurized

2) nightfall in southern extremes: using mariner logs, he shows simply that during January to February, where we’re told 24 hr sun exists, people reported darkness around 9pm & sunrise around 4am, w/ the days becoming perceptibly shorter in February

so yea, wanted to overflow some excitement into this thread — this book is worth having(!!)

plenty to learn & know

actually, what causes the ‘great deep’ to rise & fall is still a mystery to me — comments welcome

The chapter on the tides certainly boggled my mind . Indeed lightbulbs appeared in my head as solutions appeared to some long standing puzzles.

Scientific instruments apparently are capable of detecting the parallax of nearby stars - the trouble is that some these exhibit both +ve and -ve parallax at  different times . Much info on that on the internet- and the usual attempts at explanation .  Easily explained by the tidal motions of the continents afloat.  Polaris small movements as the centre of the heavens around which all stars rotate points the this tidal effect too.

Learnt about the Mohorovic discontinuity in my days in the jailyards of academia . Moho for short . Basically the the continental landmasses and the oceanic basins which form the earths crust were separated from the outer mantle by the Moho - thought be a liquid layer . Its the waters of the deep to me now.

All land masses reflect their shape into the Moho - a high mountainous region will sink deeper into the Moho than a planar region . Oceanic basins are shallower above the Moho . All floating in the waters of the deep . Like ice cubes do.

Is this where the masonic saying " as above so below comes from".

No-one knows what lies beneath the Moho( deep water) discontinuity . Science theorises so will I . Do we have a mirror plain beneath ?

The book is full of revelations exposing the deceits of mainstream science  . Must recommend that book too. Will carry on slowly reading the remaining carefully . Thanks for recommending that one RileySlowWave

TyrannicalSawdustRex

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:58 pm

TyrannicalSawdustRex wrote:
RileySlowWave wrote:

plenty to learn & know

The chapter on the tides certainly boggled my mind . Indeed lightbulbs appeared in my head as solutions appeared to some long standing puzzles.

Scientific instruments apparently are capable of detecting the parallax of nearby stars - the trouble is that some these exhibit both +ve and -ve parallax at  different times . Much info on that on the internet- and the usual attempts at explanation .  Easily explained by the tidal motions of the continents afloat.  Polaris small movements as the centre of the heavens around which all stars rotate points the this tidal effect too.

Learnt about the Mohorovic discontinuity in my days in the jailyards of academia . Moho for short . Basically the the continental landmasses and the oceanic basins which form the earths crust were separated from the outer mantle by the Moho - thought be a liquid layer . Its the waters of the deep to me now.

All land masses reflect their shape into the Moho - a high mountainous region will sink deeper into the Moho than a planar region . Oceanic basins are shallower above the Moho . All floating in the waters of the deep . Like ice cubes do.

No-one knows what lies beneath the Moho( deep water) discontinuity . Science theorises so will I . Do we have a mirror plain beneath ?

The book is full of revelations exposing the deceits of mainstream science  . Must recommend that book too. Will carry on slowly reading the remaining carefully . Thanks for recommending that one RileySlowWave

love the discussion: will have to research Mohorovic & see what that's about

having finished this book last week, there are a couple sections i want to highlight:

1) folks were asking me about how the deluge could possibly happen on a flat Earth, & literally a paragraph later in my reading there it was: Rowbotham explains the deluge as something like a boat in a storm, or a rock near a shore: the water just slides off -- running down rivers & streams & such, basically as it already does... evaporation; rejoining the oceanic waters from which we rest upon --> seems simple/straightforward enough

2) similar theme: Rowbotham summarizes his great work w/ a surprisingly & actually satisfying assertion that, since Newtonian astronomy is hogwash & the globe-Earth model bunk, it NECESSARILY must be true that the Jewish/Christian Holy Scriptures are LITERALLY true [WHOA!!], & that they accurately describe the physical nature of our world -- now THAT gave me pause

*) i open for discussion this exact topic: the philosophical weight of the Holy Scriptures in relation [& especially] to our real cosmology

3) just kind of fun, & instructive, was the very end of the book, where articles from reviews of his lectures were laid for us to read, w/ a unanimous theme of "wow this guy knows his stuff," & "when mathematicians attack him, it's as if they're handing him a knife while holding the blade end themselves, for he easily pierces their arguments," & remarking on his patience, etc.

Rowbotham apparently used the name 'Parallax' when giving lectures, in his words, so that people would be less of the mind "he's doing it for the fame, or to make a name for himself"

got a copy of "100 Proofs That Earth Is Not A Globe" on its way -- thanks again to Eric & the IFERS community
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:47 am

TyrannicalSawdustRex wrote:
RileySlowWave wrote:

plenty to learn & know

i checked out mohoviricic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohorovičić_discontinuity , https://geology.com/articles/mohorovicic-discontinuity.shtml

& from what i can tell, this alludes to the DEFINED ZONE of the crust-mantle; which if we're assuming the mantle exists in a form... let's talk

volcanoes exist yada yada... real phenomenon --> pressurized materials via fissures; or probably even bulging stuff

beneath the pressurized rock(??) WHO KNOWS --> that'd be the question --> seems like a "hellish" place lol... infinite weight perhaps... this "place" must hold the heavens, even(?) or be bound within a 'bubble' of sorts if we're in "water" w/ a pocket of air

i think the "abyss" refers to a godsland beyond our space & knowing --> like a museum to a blood-vessel --> hard to conceive/outside purview lol

Rowbotham asserts Heaven to be a Place as defined in the bible(!!) which is cool... he quotes lots of scripture in the SUMMARY which is a slam-dunk if a bit stifling at first

just tossing: my version had lots of grammar-issues/typos, which were thankfully always decipherable: just shows a place to improve

[i noticed this w/ my copy of "The Poisoned Needle" by Eleanor McBean: SO many typos/clustf's, which makes one wonder... hard to find original publishings]

i'm going to use this space to drop another fascinating article, although it's a change of topics from Rowbotham; just that it affected my thinking & seemed evident: also that i've been posting MWM articles here & this challenges their voracity: http://blog.banditobooks.com/an-open-letter-to-miles-mathis-part-one/ -- my biggest takeaway there is that it's likely a group of people posting under one name; possibly/likely English... promotes bigger grains of salt when reading &, i'm interpreting like "fashion," to read ~themes~ rather than specifics; as it's likely an exposé & Limited Hangout all in one --> plus the output & scope is far beyond "mortal men," as well as a devoted artist, etc. etc.

i've been itchin' to change names to Shillblaster9000, although...

back to Rowbotham & Zetetic Astronomy [now i'd like to read other books of his, if they're out there]: actually; first, i think numerology is mostly indicative rather than harmful; so it's perhaps of minimal true importance, other than someone's glee & lotsa confusion lol --> jumping to conclusions(!)

Masonic stuff is pretty boring really... as we look into Zetetic approaches it seems like there're going to be parallels & also MUCH more freedom staying out of secret societies --> could be wrong; maybe they're awesome lol

sorry if throwing dirt on/at SSs [Secret Societies]; just that it appears to be a shaft of lies w/ truth maybe at the tippy-top; like most pyramid schemes/works of man... c'monnn... what're they teachin'(??) -- "The world is secretly flat."

i hope it's worthwhile, etc.

i love thinking i have it all backwards; then i remember those darned circular star-trails(!!)

i'd really love to hear IFERS thoughts on the voracity of the Holy Bible; as specifically in its declarations about the nature of our cosmos, etc.; about the nature of a/the mightiest

Last edited by RileySlowWave on Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicalSawdustRex Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:04 pm

The Moho marks the limits of the continental and oceanic crusts . It is the liquid layer beneath . Science proposes that this is a molten layer of magma in the upper mantle , but that is theory .

Wouldn't the heat from the molten magma melt the crust into an even layer ?  Why would
the contours of the land masses above be reflected below.

It makes more sense to me that this is water , which can withstand enormous pressure with very little compression - this would account for the "as above so below " image we see in pictures and which we know exist through seismic wave study.
Water would displace rather than compress.

I don't have much allegiance to religion but we are not soulless and we are spiritual beings. My beliefs in short.

I do think there are clues in the bible, which I've not read, and other ancient beliefs. The waters beneath ,as stated in the bible, is a huge clue to me.

Am beginning to form a reasonable view of our plane. Very interesting subject.

TyrannicalSawdustRex

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:33 am

TyrannicalSawdustRex wrote:The Moho marks the limits of the continental and oceanic crusts . It is the liquid layer beneath . Science proposes that this is a molten layer of magma in the upper mantle , but that is theory .

Wouldn't the heat from the molten magma melt the crust into an even layer ?  Why would
the contours of the land masses above be reflected below.

It makes more sense to me that this is water , which can withstand enormous pressure with very little compression - this would account for the "as above so below " image we see in pictures and which we know exist through seismic wave study.
Water would displace rather than compress.

I don't have much allegiance to religion but we are not soulless and we are spiritual beings. My beliefs in short.

I do think there are clues in the bible, which I've not read, and other ancient beliefs. The waters beneath ,as stated in the bible, is a huge clue to me.

Am beginning to form a reasonable view of our plane. Very interesting subject.

my understanding based on a skimming is that mohovoric/moho refers to the transition area where molten becomes solid; so a changing; variable; mostly suppositional place that logically must occur if there's magma... lol --> i think this is totally different than what i perceive to be the 'abyss,' which is what's sort of "out there" [beyond our knowing essentially] --> the mighty beyond lol; the darkness or whatever that is

i imagine lava [occurring due to pressure is my understanding...] would be in something like tracks [like pipes lol] under the crust; so probably a lot of dense, thick rock/material -- ultimately this seems to beg the question of what the underplane of the ocean sits on, which seems like it would be water or something of the like; hence the abyss

i agree about "souls" [light?] & consciousness; it's as if god's omnipresence uses our witnessing Smile everything's sorta connected

the opening chapters of Genesis [reread this in the Chumash today, which has great voice] describes a world much more believable/logical when flat

lately i've noticed Venus prominently in my western sky, about 45º or so from horizon; & figure somewhere west of me someone would be looking at the other 'side' of Venus to their east; which of course gives us parallax -- i'm meaning to conduct this experiment in some form

i'll also use this space [thanks IFERS & commenters in general], i finished "Zealot" by R. Aslan today, & it's a fascinating(!) portrait of Jesus, which, to many people, is either 100% real or 100% myth [what a difference!} & begs lots of questions of course...

a big part of Christianity, which has sort of recently occurred to me... it's for everyman; where Judaism becomes a bit rigid & exclusive
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicalSawdustRex Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:41 am

Might get bit technical here. The Moho is a transition area - to me that's jargon introduced to muddy the waters- forgive the crappy pun . It is a discontinuity .

Seismic waves , from earthquake or explosion, can reach the farthest depths of the crust and are reflected/refracted back towards the surface being picked up at the seismographic recording stations . They do not transit further than the Moho discontinuity
hence the name. This was taught in Universites in the 80's .

What lies beneath the Moho is in reality unknown . Upper mantle , iron/nickel core etc are all pure conjecture.

Lava is produced deep within the earth at subduction and collision zones - plate tectonic theory - could  be the product of the continental plates floating around and colliding due to the tides caused by atmospheric pressure as explained in the book.

I think that Rowbotham has described it wonderfully well. Hope that all makes sense.

Venus is beautiful at the moment , in the evening . It's in the evening star phase . Will switch to it's morning star mode eventually. Mercury and Venus are the only planets which don't have moons . That's because they are the moons of the sun and not really planets.

Right must dash , and must read more of that book . TTFN

P.S. Many of Christian religions' tenets I have affinity with , God bless.

TyrannicalSawdustRex

tycho_brahe and Scoutpi1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:13 pm

TyrannicalSawdustRex wrote:Might get bit technical here. The Moho is a transition area - to me that's jargon introduced to muddy the waters- forgive the crappy pun . It is a discontinuity .

Seismic waves , from earthquake or explosion, can reach the farthest depths of the crust and are reflected/refracted back towards the surface being picked up at the seismographic recording stations . They do not transit further than the Moho discontinuity
hence the name. This was taught in Universites in the 80's .

What lies beneath the Moho is in reality unknown . Upper mantle , iron/nickel core etc are all pure conjecture.

Lava is produced deep within the earth at subduction and collision zones - plate tectonic theory - could  be the product of the continental plates floating around and colliding due to the tides caused by atmospheric pressure as explained in the book.

I think that Rowbotham has described it wonderfully well. Hope that all makes sense.

Venus is beautiful at the moment , in the evening . It's in the evening star phase . Will switch to it's morning star mode eventually. Mercury and Venus are the only planets which don't have moons . That's because they are the moons of the sun and not really planets.

Right must dash , and must read more of that book . TTFN

P.S. Many of Christian religions' tenets I have affinity with , God bless.

all’s good

i’ve just started my fresh new copy of “One Hundred Proofs That The Earth Is Not A Globe” by W.M. Carpenter, & am very happy to see in the opening lines a dedication to ‘Parallax’ / S.B. Rowbotham & his Zetetic Astronomy, from which, having since passed, Carpenter declares he must pick up the torch & carry

very good stuff, y’all(!)

[editing to add quote from Intro]

“The Truth will always find advocates—men who care not a snap of their fingers for the mere opinion of the world, whatever form it may take, whilst they know that they are the masters of the situation and that Reason is King!”
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

Back to top Go down

Post by TyrannicalSawdustRex Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:50 am

Well what a surprise . Science beginning it's attempt to change it's model of earth.
https://www.unilad.com/news/ocean-beneath-earths-surface-199524-20230328

One day they may admit that Rowbotham was correct.

Never seen a mention of this before . Secret out?

TyrannicalSawdustRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down