IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yoga and Meditation

+11
jewry/trannywood
Aquarius Zeteticus 88
Honestly
starfox42
EthericData2
Nibbs Hackworth
AmericanInIndia
Foreverlearning
csp
Admin
Thinkforyourself
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yoga and Meditation - Page 2 Empty Re: Yoga and Meditation

Post by Nibbs Hackworth Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:17 am

Yes, it's really remarkable!

I'm recommending the breathing to people – just like I'm "flat earthing" them ... and both these things are TRUTH. Very Happy
Nibbs Hackworth
Nibbs Hackworth

Back to top Go down

Post by EthericData2 Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 am

Has anyone seen the scene in the movie Doctor Strange where he uses his astral projection to read while he is sleeping?

Does anyone know of any material that teaches people how to do that?

EthericData2

Back to top Go down

Post by starfox42 Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am

EthericData2, I haven't seen the movie, but I looked into astral projection when I was in my teens and it's a very interesting topic. Astral projection/lucid dreaming is something that takes a lot of practice and consciousness. I can't find the forum I was using as a guide, but there's a lot of good info available from a duckduckgo.com search for "astral projection techniques"
starfox42
starfox42

Back to top Go down

Post by Honestly Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Hay, I would like to learn more about Pranayama and to use these techniques every day but a lot of the videos are down. probably due to Erics youtube Chanel going down last week and he has not re uploaded these links, but is there another source page were i can find these videos? I do some beginners yoga in the morning with the sun rise in the summer but at sun set in the winter due to my work schedule and the time of day the sun rises in the winter. do you think changing the time of day EI breathing during the evenings will change the effects of Yoga or Pranayama? I would think like Yoga ive done in the evenings before bed, I will find it helps me sleep better and i will feel more rested, but laying still for 8 hours(asleep) after yoga sometimes makes you stiff so could the same happen with Pranayama?
Honestly
Honestly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 31, 2018 12:52 pm

The following is an instructional video showing how to do proper, effective Pranayama breathing, and how to use this practice to achieve states of deep meditation. To learn much more about the benefits and how to perform these techniques please also see the following video/article, "The Most Important Thing in Your Life": http://www.ericdubay.com/?p=1256

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Note:  Wim Hof's mouth-breathing hyper-ventilation method is basically the opposite of proper, effective deep breathing.  It is simply the breath of fire Pranayam, which helps keep the body warm and boosts immunity, except Wim Hof tells people it doesn't matter whether you breath through your mouth or nose which is completely wrong.

Mouth-breathing is something to be completely avoided except in extreme circumstances where the nasal passages are blocked or you’re gasping from lack of oxygen.  Mouth breathing is directly responsible for the contraction of many contagious diseases like colds and catarrhal infections.  Experiments have been performed on hundreds of soldiers and sailors showing that those who slept with their mouths open were much more likely to fall ill and contract contagious diseases than those who breathed properly through their nostrils.  During one of the Navy experiments a smallpox epidemic broke out resulting in many deaths among the mouth-breathers, yet not a single nose-breather suffered.

“The organs of respiration have their only protective apparatus, filter, or dust-catcher, in the nostrils.  When the breath is taken through the mouth, there is nothing from mouth to lungs to strain the air, or to catch the dust and other foreign matter in the air.  Moreover, such incorrect breathing admits cold air to the organs,
thereby injuring them.  Inflammation of the respiratory organs often results from the inhalation of cold air through the mouth.  The man who breathes through the mouth at night, always awakens with a parched feeling in the mouth and a dryness in the throat.  He is violating one of nature’s laws, and is sowing the seeds of disease.  On the other hand, the nostrils and nasal passages show evidence of the careful design of nature in this respect.  The nostrils are two narrow, tortuous channels, containing numerous bristly hairs which serve the purpose of a filter or sieve to strain the air of its impurities, etc., which are expelled when the breath is exhaled.  Not only do the nostrils serve this important purpose, but they also perform an important function in warming the air inhaled.  The long narrow winding nostrils are filled with warm mucous membrane, which coming in contact with the inhaled air warms it so that it can do no damage to the delicate organs of the throat, or to the lungs.”  -Yogi Ramacharaka, “The Science of Breath”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:45 am

Sit still and meditate with me for a moment. What does that even mean, "sit still?" How could you ever sit still on a globe spinning 1,000mph around its axis, 67,000mph around the Sun, 500,000mph around the galaxy and millions more miles per hour through the universe? Do we feel absolute stillness because we are so used to spinning around millions upon millions of miles per hour, or do we feel motionless because we are motionless?

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aquarius Zeteticus 88 Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 pm

If you are a dedicated yogi, you are probably aware of the some of the benefits of focus and attention daily meditation brings your other activities throughout the day. A number of studies have linked meditation practice to differences in cortical thickness or density of gray matter.

Neuroplasticity, also known as brain plasticity and neural plasticity, is the ability of the brain to change throughout an individual's life, e.g., brain activity associated with a given function can be transferred to a different location, the proportion of grey matter can change, and synapses may strengthen or weaken over time.

John J. Ratey, M.D. is associate clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.In 2001 he published the book 'A User's Guide to the Brain', in which he describes the human brain as a flexible muscle, which works on a "use it or lose it" basis. He is the author of 'Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain (2008), which describes the positive benefits that exercise can have for learning and for people with anxiety, depression and ADHD.' This guy has shown that in those who not only exercise, but especially those who do sustained intervals of high stress sprinting (75% to maximum sprint) release all kinds of the best feel good hormones making you feel like you just took “a little bit of Prozac, and a little bit of Ritalin”. Not only that, if you combine this with learning and a lifelong sustained effort to better yourself, you will actually get smarter and there is seemingly no limit. Your depression will go away. You turn on the part of the brain that makes us most human. Combine this knowledge of the material with knowledge of the transcendental and take action.

I found out about this a few years back and have been doing the high intensity interval sprints mixed in with my daily jog. My depression has completely gone and my thought are clear. Makes yoga afterwards fucking amazing. You might ask, "how then can we have dumb jocks?". Very good question. It is because although these people are exercising, they are not intellectually challenging themselves daily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyvzUAaG5uY
Aquarius Zeteticus 88
Aquarius Zeteticus 88

Back to top Go down

Post by jewry/trannywood Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm

On the topic of mouthbreathing and how bad it is i wanted to add that people unaware whove been doing it for years should perform mindfullness throughout the day of slow nose breathing, trying to increase the exhalation time while keeping the inhalation time same This helps train the brain to nosebreathe at night. Also using some tape such as leukosilk across the mouth at nights is useful. Nose breathing and meditation actually build up levels of CO2 to a healthy level. Just a few minutes of mouthbreathing can lower CO2 levels too much. If the nose is blocked there are methods such as Buteyko to unblock it in minutes especially if practiced at first signs of nasal congestion.

Back to yoga and stretching there were some studies showing shrinkage of tumours whilst stretching and the like.

jewry/trannywood

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny1989 Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:48 pm

This shit is amazing! I can't believe I've been oblivious to this my whole life!!!!!

As for the netti pot - does it hurt? I've been punched in the nose a good few times from past fights and now my sinuses always seem to block up quite easily.

I've been practicing the Nadi cleansing breath 10 mins a day and although I feel an immediate difference in my sinuses when I've finished, it only lasts a short while until they get blocked up again.

I'm going to be adding a Netti pot to my routine but I am a little nervous about what to expect pouring salt water up my nose lol

Do you have to hold your breath while you pour it up there? Should you breath through your mouth? What happens if you accidentally breath in through the nostril you're pouring it up? Will you die? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jonny1989
Jonny1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:49 am

The neti pot cleansing will feel awkward the first couple times you try it but once you get used to it it's a breeze. I recommend taking a deep breath and holding it while you're pouring the water, though it is possible to breath through the mouth if you prefer. Hold your head at a 90 degree angle while pouring and if it does hurt at all, try adding a bit more salt. I do a neti pot cleanse every single morning and highly recommend it especially if you have any sinus/congestion issues.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny1989 Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 am

Nice one Eric, you're a champion mate! Can't wait to see the difference it makes.
Jonny1989
Jonny1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonny1989 Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:07 pm

It worked! cheers cheers cheers I can breath again! bounce bounce bounce

Thank you thank you thank you!
Jonny1989
Jonny1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:34 am

That is great to hear, thanks Jonny!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twore1993 Wed May 13, 2020 7:38 am

Yoga and mediation are connected each other. You have to find your self about your goal as physical strength and grow your inner spirit. If you feel stress then you can do meditation. Like Dhayan Yoga and Mudra dhaya

Twore1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:31 pm

As a teacher of Pranayama Yoga deep-breathing techniques for over a decade, I am regularly asked about a man named Wim Hof and the breath-work practice he has labeled "The Wim Hof Method." This video is a response to this constant question I am asked, is intended to elucidate my position on the matter, and not meant as an attack on Mr. Hof who I appreciate for bringing widespread attention to the importance of proper breathing. Wim Hof has shown that through prolonged breath-work practice many seemingly super-human feats such as extreme cold resistance and rapid healing of illnesses is possible. The main issue I have with what I call "the Wim Hof Mouth-Breating Hyper-Ventilation Technique" is that he has essentially rebranded a less effective version of the Pranayama Yoga Breath of Fire and given it a new title after his own name calling it "The Wim Hof Method." To begin with, there are many beneficial breathing techniques known and taught by ancient Yogis for thousands of years, most of them focusing on slow, full, deep inhales through the nose and exhales through the mouth. Wim Hof focuses on only one such technique (the Breath of Fire) and irresponsibly tells everyone to breathe through their mouth! This is absolutely not beneficial for your health/lungs long-term.

“The organs of respiration have their only protective apparatus, filter, or dust-catcher, in the nostrils. When the breath is taken through the mouth, there is nothing from mouth to lungs to strain the air, or to catch the dust and other foreign matter in the air. Moreover, such incorrect breathing admits cold air to the organs, thereby injuring them. Inflammation of the respiratory organs often results from the inhalation of cold air through the mouth. The man who breathes through the mouth at night, always awakens with a parched feeling in the mouth and a dryness in the throat. He is violating one of nature’s laws, and is sowing the seeds of disease. On the other hand, the nostrils and nasal passages show evidence of the careful design of nature in this respect. The nostrils are two narrow, tortuous channels, containing numerous bristly hairs which serve the purpose of a filter or sieve to strain the air of its impurities, etc., which are expelled when the breath is exhaled. Not only do the nostrils serve this important purpose, but they also perform an important function in warming the air inhaled. The long narrow winding nostrils are filled with warm mucous membrane, which coming in contact with the inhaled air warms it so that it can do no damage to the delicate organs of the throat, or to the lungs.” -Yogi Ramacharaka, “The Science of Breath”

Mouth breathing has been proven to increase your risk of contracting communicable diseases, as well as worsening symptoms of pre-existing conditions, and in children has been proven to cause crooked teeth, gum disease, facial deformities and poor growth. Wim Hof should be telling people to ALWAYS breath through their nose except during extreme situations, but instead I have heard him irresponsibly say on many occasions that it "doesn't matter as long as you get the oxygen in." Secondly, Mr. Hof should have the humility and reverence to refer people to the Yogic "Breath of Fire" and the thousands of years old discipline of Pranayama, rather than rebranding it "the Wim Hof Method" and acting like he just came up with the science/method himself, when Yogis have been achieving the same feats/healing as he has for thousands of years before he started yelling "breathe motherfucker!" at everyone and propagating his mouth-breathing hyper-ventilation method. Lastly, I call it a "hyper-ventilation" breath, because the Breath of Fire/Wim Him Method is just that: a short, rapid, forceful breathing technique meant to increase internal body temperature for the purpose of burning off toxins and increased cold resistance. This breath has a very specific purpose and is not meant for everyday practice, especially not when inhaling through the mouth. The actual ancient Pranayama Yoga breath-work techniques which are meant for everyday practice involve slow, deep, intentional nasal inhalations filling your entire lung capacity, holding the oxygen long enough to suck out the sustenance, then slowly and fully expelling the resulting carbon dioxide out orally. To learn exactly how and why you should practice proper, effective breathing completely free, please follow the link in the description box to article and videos series entitled, "The Most Important Thing in Your Life." Thank you.

The Most Important Thing in Your Life: https://ericdubay.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/the-most-important-thing-in-your-life/
Admin
Admin
Admin

EthericData2 and Standswithmic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:46 pm

Hemi-Sync Guided Deep Breathing Meditation:

The following video is a guided deep breathing meditation narrated by Pranayama Yoga instructor Eric Dubay and featuring hemi-sync binaural audio and isochronic frequencies for brainwave synchronization which has been shown to improve sleep, concentration, creativity, memory and flow state. Before beginning deep breathing practice it is highly recommended to use a Neti Pot with salt water to flush and clean out your sinuses as shown here:

Through daily Neti Pot cleansing in conjunction with the breathing exercises shown here, many students have completely healed their asthma, apnea, snoring, sinus and congestion issues. For the best effect be sure to wear headphones or ear buds!

For more about Pranayama Yoga and Deep Breathing Meditation: https://ericdubay.wordpress.com/2018/07/01/the-most-important-thing-in-your-life/

Admin
Admin
Admin

notdownunder and Standswithmic like this post

Back to top Go down

Yoga and Meditation - Page 2 Empty we can safely assume the guy practicing yoga is 10x smarter than the guy making fun of it

Post by RileySlowWave Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:15 am

highly recommendable book: “The Wim Hof Method” by same author

on that subject, there's a free PDF on his website 👍👍👍
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

http://flateartheducation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Thanks Riley, he has some good information but be sure to see this as well:

Admin
Admin
Admin

CajunPie and AxisMundi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RileySlowWave Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:31 am

great advice on nose-breathing: his method clearly works [for him, distinctly], & i admit/acknowledge it’s a somewhat brunt version of long-established, refined/sophisticated techniques

cheers(!)

it’s sort of interesting to consider our bodies as instruments; musical & beyond
RileySlowWave
RileySlowWave

http://flateartheducation.com

Back to top Go down

Yoga and Meditation - Page 2 Empty Swami Sivananda

Post by AxisMundi Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:05 am

(Ok deleted the link cause has not yet been 7 days new here, but seeing if the words written allowed to send here and will try this again:🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🌹
🌱🐦 Hey, not sure if links of videos ok to leave here ot if they work, and won't make a habit of it if so, and apologize if was not alright to do, I don't recall reading that it wasn't. Eric Dubay is incredible with health inspiring videos and classes I'm sure, though have not attended any in person and I could definitely work on improving my overall health by actually regularly making natural habits of self discipline and such, and am going back to his older videos, wow..really started actually feeling the breathing difference yesterday when practicing watching one of his.  
       I thought to leave this video, its just one I found today on Swami Sivananda and touched my heart, he was 125 years old at the time of this video,.. which I found whilst looking elsewhere online (not YT though it sent me there with this link) for Ashrams that accept single mother and child such as myself, for I deeply yearn to study practicing with every breath with every thought and action, to draw closer to the infinite source of truth.
   🙏🏼To become better in all ways and serve also others, to work volunteer in order to be able to stay for some time(?not sure how long but would likely be a year or so if not more even depending on things, and to live in an Ashram ....there is nowhere yet here right now in the USA that I have found which seems suitable and genuine..thats not just some retreat..(not that retreat is underneath anything or time of what I seek).
 India might be a very good place for this..and between India Thailand, Peru,..the three places always have drawn me in spirit closer to this just by thinking of them.
 🍉So the video is India News about how he is likely to be the oldest man alive, and through yoga, his health in all ways is so remarkable and encouraging to see and feel. He feels familiar really, like dreams of him..anyways, was going to write more but this is just a short addition to someone else's question here on IFEFRS, though surely its been answered seeing that Erics videos and other comments and links have years ago answered his question on recommendation of yoga practice.
 🙏🏼🌿😎🦚🌹🔥💚🌊✨💧🌹🦅🪴🏔
AxisMundi
AxisMundi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum