IFERS - Exposing the 'Global' Conspiracy From Atlantis to Zion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flat Earth Maps

+56
swentz101
RileySlowWave
defrank
suepinehillfarm
Nym
Universe
Emperor's New Clothes
tycho_brahe
Bicenie
Libertarian
Realearth
Freepressfreepeople
superuserdo
MMDC
mindflood
Jacois
SkipSullivan
Oliver_Bestfall
Truth of Reality
TheFreedomMinistry
Niar_Azeroth
MaryMoon
siriusrising777
HafizAbdulWahhab
N0curve
Torus_Ouroboros
Admin
ZeusThunderer
RickFE
Artemis
Wertikal
Saltwater42
Bertrand29
thugnastylol
Tiwar
Skywalker
FL@T-E@RTH
inerratic
putontheglassesagain
ebcih
VeroSercanto
ABalancedKarma
_Madison
mitch
riggie11
anko
csp
Schpankme
Themis
susie
FlatEartherInNH
vortexpuppy
Shad01
lizardking
TravelinHero
Thinkforyourself
60 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Empty Re: Flat Earth Maps

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Posted by susie on 06/02/2015

Like I said before, the masonic manipulators have their headquarters emblazoned with the Asimuthal EquidIstant Projection. That in itself is evidence enough for me to know that it is the real McCoy.

The Asimuthal is the exact distances to all points from the North Pole. That means as it is in reality.

Instead of those blokes trying to prove the flat earth map wrong, let them measure Australia physically by themselves to prove that it is not identical to the flat earth map.

If all points on a map are exact measurements from the North Pole common sense says it is exact.

Last edited by Thinkforyourself on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Apparently 'dangerous person'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Posted by lizardking on 06/04/2015

Jun 3, 2015 21:41:47 GMT dan said:
Na mate, not like that. Add in a massive ice barrier around each earth. Change all the continents shapes except for ours as I reckon every earth would be completely different from each other, including seasons, weather, sun and moon movement, stars and planets, etc. With the Antarctic being so protected by multiple nations military, I wonder if the ice barrier is as large as some people think?

In 1773 Captain Cook became the first modern explorer known to have breached the Antarctic Circle and reached the ice barrier. During three voyages, lasting three years and eight days, Captain Cook and crew sailed a total of 60,000 miles along the Antarctic coastline never once finding an inlet or path through or beyond the massive glacial wall! Captain Cook wrote: “The ice extended east and west far beyond the reach of our sight, while the southern half of the horizon was illuminated by rays of light which were reflected from the ice to a considerable height. It was indeed my opinion that this ice extends quite to the pole, or perhaps joins some land to which it has been fixed since creation.”

This is why some people think it is so large.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Supposed 'temper temper beanpole', 'snidy weasel' and 'clueless, cloying, sychophant.'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Posted by susie on 06/10/2015

Regarding 'Antartica', if it goes outside of a barrier like a dome then why did the good ole USA have a project "nimrod" which was an expedition across Antarctica. Immediately followed by Project "fishbowl" where they sent rockets up to blow a hole in the sky? 

Hmmm??

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Posted by Observicus on 06/14/2015

The so called and widely prevalent 'evil eye' is an ancient symbol currently wound in superstition pertaining to protection against negative intent.

But what if the roots were even deeper and it is actually a remnant from days of old representing our home.

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 2ni39d5

Last edited by Thinkforyourself on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:32 pm

Posted by Observicus on 06/17/2015

There's not too many maps around as good as the ones above so far but there must be some out there in backwater libraries or old town mansions.
The shape, size and position of the continents is disturbing because normally it gets dismissed as inaccuracy of the surveying but it does have a Patent.
It's also titled The NEW Standard Map of the World, perhaps when they removed the southern landmass from public awareness and began re-edjufication.
Come to think of it, have we ever seen a real picture of a continent or parts of one?
States: SCIENTIFICALLY  AND PRACTICALLY CORRECT
The Falklands War did not take place for the fish.

The markings seems to indicate that land mass starts at 165 west (Appearance of Land) and goes all the way through to 90 east longitude (Termination Land).

This idea of more land matches the huge and vigilant secrecy and has my head spinning, to the point where I made a map last week with a (slightly smaller than)
Australia sized island hidden out at 120 west and 60 south but thought that was too crazy that something like that could be right under our noses.

There could easily be a low orbiting colder moon type object circling at 95 south latitude (no dome), spreading the ice across thirty degrees latitude (4000 miles?)
after which the sea and possibly more land begins again where a sun and moon turn a wider arc. It also mushrooms the theory that there are (guarded) canals for access.
Preference is to call the next line of latitude 185 latitude to allow for the full 360 degree latitude of all earth sector to where the dark sky may do it's dance.

Thing is, nobody knows, yet.

Edit: new sun appears to circle at 270 degrees latitude, theories can be made that in another ninety degrees to the outer (360), exists another significant partition.

Edit 5 hours: Like this:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 2r6nshz

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Posted by susie on 06/18/2015

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 World_Map_Ptolemy_160AC

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Posted by haritz on 06/18/2015

That map is especially good, since it shows the four landmasses divided by rivers at the north, which could easily be four quadrants shown in the north pole Mercator map:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Mercator_north_pole_1595

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Posted by Observicus on 06/18/2015

Ubiquitous Symbology:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 S4q96x

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Posted by susie on 06/22/2015

Studying the Gleason map  here are the points at or near the antarctic circle.  if you notice the map has times listed on the outer edge so i associated points with their nearest time markings.

Meridian of Greenwich-noon
sandwich group 1:45
south georgia 2:20
south orkucys 3:00
elephant island 3:30
K george Island 3:45
Graham Land 4:00 
south shetlands 4:10
alexander I Land 4:45
peter I. 5:15
appearance of land 11:00
perpendicular sarrice of ice 12:00
c.adare
coutman I.
Franklin I. 
balleny Is.
C.North
south victoria land 1:00
c. hudson 1:30
disappointment bay 1:45
Adelle land 2:45
clarie land 3:10
Porpoise b 3:30
North Land 3:40
sabrina land 4:00
budd land 4:40
knox land 5:00
repulse b.5:40
termination land 5:45
mcdonnells ids. 7:10
kerguelen I. 7:30
kemp land 8:10
enderby land 8:45
crozet ids. 8:45
prince edward i 9:30
marion i. 9:45
bouvet i 11:30

if we do research on these points im sure we will find some interesting historical mentions.  it  has been mentioned that this map is one which was used by sailors and all these points are actual stopping locations for these seafarers.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Posted by dan on 06/28/2015

Driving across Oz is fairly common ( Sydney to Perth) as is driving North from Melbourne to QLD. Many people that do it use their trip metre to record the kilometres. Oz is definitely the correct size as shown on maps. There is a great vid on this site somewhere showing a bloke measuring two southern points and two northern points at the same latitude. It clearly demonstrates areas in the south of the plane are further than the north.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Posted by csp on 06/28/2015

Jun 28, 2015 1:53:17 GMT dan said:
Driving across Oz is fairly common ( Sydney to Perth) as is driving North from Melbourne to QLD. Many people that do it use their trip metre to record the kilometres. Oz is definitely the correct size as shown on maps. There is a great vid on this site somewhere showing a bloke measuring two southern points and two northern points at the same latitude. It clearly demonstrates areas in the south of the plane are further than the north.

Agreed, have been across the south of AU.

Has anyone seen this bad boy before:
maps.bpl.org/id/m8748

You can download a large version too - I find the center of the map quite interesting, as well as the history of it:

In 1507, the same year that Martin Waldseemüller issued three works announcing the existence of a new continent which he named America, Johannes Ruysch published a totally different world map. This rendition, which supports Columbus' hypothesis that his discoveries were islands off the coast of the Asian mainland, suggests the difficulty European cartographers were having in trying to understand accounts of the exploration of New World discoveries.

On this map, Greenland (Gruenlant) and Newfoundland (Terra Nova), reflecting John Cabot's discoveries as well as English and Portuguese fishing interests in the area, are attached to the Asian mainland. Hispaniola (Spagnola) and the other Caribbean islands, based on Columbus' and later Spanish discoveries, are depicted as islands near the Asian mainland while the northern coast of South America is depicted as an amorphous landmass floating in the middle of the ocean. Ruysch applied the name Mundus Novus to these new lands.

Ruysch, a native of Antwerp who lived in Germany, was a skilled cartographer. His map was included in the Rome edition of Ptolemy's ''Geographia'' published in 1507. It was the first edition of ''Geographia'' to include a world map incorporating the New World discoveries. The map apparently relied heavily on Portuguese sources, since it was also the first map to accurately portray the Portuguese discoveries in southern Asia. It modified the shapes of India and Ceylon as they appeared on earlier Ptolemaic maps.

EDIT: Bunch more maps on this site too, full size pictures/scans, etc:
maps.bpl.org/explore/subject/world-maps-5

EDIT2: Haven't seen this one posted here either, very interesting!
maps.bpl.org/id/m8769

EDIT3: Another one (sorry if it's been posted before) with a lot more land around the north pole:
maps.bpl.org/id/m8706

EDIT4: Another one, from 1878 with description "Middleton's pioneer map of the world, [as a?] plane and immoveable" and even has a line for "suns path":
maps.bpl.org/id/15441

EDIT5: And one more from 1920 with description "New correct map of the flat surface, stationary earth":
maps.bpl.org/id/15460

EDIT6: And another one, from "Great circle airways", pay close attention to the text on the left along with the small map of south polar region and "paths"!!!
maps.bpl.org/id/m8675

And excerpt from the text:

The beginning of wisdom in cartography is the realization that ALL MAPS WITHOUT EXCEPTION are distorted.

You can take that one to the bank people maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Smiley

EDIT7: Sorry for so many edits, just rolling on through these, another telling "airways map", this time on "mercator" projection:
maps.bpl.org/id/15461

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Posted by csp on 06/28/2015

If you look in the bottom left of this map, there's a small AE map with note about "one world, one war" (NWO reference?) and a black border showing its bounds,:
maps.bpl.org/id/m8675

So, I googled "one World, One war map" and this came up:
www.mappery.com/map-of/One-World-One-War-Map-1942

Now these are both "Fortune" maps, so maybe there are more - I'll keep digging.

EDIT: Another airways map:
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/59/dc/fa/59dcfa4fcc29f414387fac4c38b845e1.jpg

EDIT: ANother one, I love the dancers skirt example in the top left!
www.fulltable.com/vts/f/fortune/reh/SH512.jpg

EDIT: Last one before I sleep!
www.davidrumsey.com/rumsey/Size3/D5005/8053000.jpg

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Posted by thinkforyourself on 06/29/2015

Jun 28, 2015 13:47:30 GMT csp said:
If you look in the bottom left of this map, there's a small AE map with note about "one world, one war" (NWO reference?) and a black border showing its bounds,:
maps.bpl.org/id/m8675

So, I googled "one World, One war map" and this came up:
www.mappery.com/map-of/One-World-One-War-Map-1942

Now these are both "Fortune" maps, so maybe there are more - I'll keep digging.

EDIT: Another airways map:
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/59/dc/fa/59dcfa4fcc29f414387fac4c38b845e1.jpg

EDIT: ANother one, I love the dancers skirt example in the top left!
www.fulltable.com/vts/f/fortune/reh/SH512.jpg

EDIT: Last one before I sleep!
www.davidrumsey.com/rumsey/Size3/D5005/8053000.jpg

Great work, these are very interesting. 

I think that it is very telling that the NWO chose to have the UK, the USA and Russia as their three main power bases, especially after looking at this map: www.fulltable.com/vts/f/fortune/reh/SH512.jpg

It makes sense that they would be based in those areas, because it allows them to fully block off all access to the Arctic, and thus to the secrets hidden there, such as Mount Meru. Apart from the US and Russia, only tiny and weak Greenland is close to the Arctic, and that poor nation is occupied by the US. 

Recently we had a rude, arrogant and ridiculous new member (Twosides) who claimed that he knew the reality of the geography at the Arctic, simply because he lived in Scandinavia; well I would just like to point out to him that I live in the UK, which (if he looks at this map) is also close to the Arctic. I can confirm that just because I live somewhat near to the Arctic, it doesn't mean that I magically know what the Arctic is really like. 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Posted by vortexpuppy on 07/24/2015

Here is a site (very close to the source :-) with many links to old works that have been digitized. 
Probably been "cleaned", but you never know what you might find...

Magic & Science - Geography - Maps and Globes - World maps
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9&cat_2=73&cat_3=641&cat_4=985

Also contains links that might be of interest to other threads...

Magic & Science - Astronomy and Astrology - Astrolabes - Schemata
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9&cat_2=71&cat_3=969&cat_4=1378&cat_5=1068

Magic & Science - Astronomy and Astrology - Celestial maps and globes - Maps
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9&cat_2=71&cat_3=29&cat_4=1373

Magic & Science - Astronomy and Astrology - Planets - Eclipses
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9&cat_2=71&cat_3=647&cat_4=1129&cat_5=1109

Magic & Science
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9

Magic & Science - Cosmology
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/subcats.php?cat_1=9&cat_2=264

Moon search
warburg.sas.ac.uk/vpc/VPC_search/results_basic_search.php?p=1&var_1=moon&var_2=&var_3=

Freemason stuff
catalogue.ulrls.lon.ac.uk/search~S12?/fwarburg+digital+collection+F/fwarburg+digital+collection+f/1%2C27%2C675%2CE/2exact&FF=fwarburg+digital+collection+fdd&1%2C7%2C/indexsort=-

Astrology stuff
catalogue.ulrls.lon.ac.uk/search~S12?/fwarburg+digital+collection+F/fwarburg+digital+collection+f/1,27,675,E/2exact&FF=fwarburg+digital+collection+fah&1,138/indexsort=-

Here's the main door ...
warburg.sas.ac.uk/library/digital-collections/#c2291

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:47 pm

Posted by csp on 07/24/2015

Wow, great finds vortex, I have about 10% of those astronomy/astrology excerpts - however there are some really good ones I have never seen before - which also provide further leads. Also a note for others, the word "magic" is another good term to search on these sites and other archive sites for interesting things - obviously during the middle ages when is astrology/astronomy got skewed from "science" to "suppressed science" they labelled it as "magic".

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:50 pm

Posted by vortexpuppy on 07/27/2015

Haven't come across this guy before ...

Cosmas Indicopleustes

His work (Christian Topography) advanced the idea that the world is flat, and that the heavens form the shape of a box with a curved lid, and especially attacks the idea that the heavens were spherical and in motion, now known as the geocentric model model of the universe.

An overview with images of his cosmology, including references to mount meru, etc
journals.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/index.php/transcultural/article/view/6127/2962

Download a translated version here ...
ia802705.us.archive.org/12/items/christiantopogr00cosmgoog/christiantopogr00cosmgoog.pdf

The complete works online ...
www.ccel.org/ccel/pearse/morefathers/files/morefathers.html#Cosmas_Indicopleustes
www.ccel.org/ccel/pearse/morefathers/files/cosmas_12b_plates.htm

Old Scans at the Vatican
digi.vatlib.it/view/MSS_Vat.gr.699/0001/thumbs?sid=093d29441ce90fbfec1f878486263cd3#current_page

Wikipedia entries
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Topography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmas_Indicopleustes

Whilst browsing this stuff, there are many examples of Winston at work :-)

"However, his idea that the earth is flat has been a minority view among educated Western opinion since the 3rd century BC"

"The author cites passages of scripture which he interprets originally in order to support his thesis, and attempts to argue down the idea of a spherical earth by stigmatizing it as "pagan"

"The Topography is often cited as evidence that Christianity introduced the idea of the flat-earth into the world, and brought in the age of ignorance. The latter pages of his work are devoted to rebutting the criticism of his fellow monks that what he was saying was wrong. He repeatedly denounces "those reprobate Christians who, ..., prefer, through their perverse folly or downright wickedness, to adopt the miserable Pagan belief that earth and heaven are spherical, and that there are Antipodes on whom the rain must fall up."

"When not expounding his cosmology, Cosmas proves to be an interesting and reliable guide,"

"The place of Cosmas in history has been sometimes misconceived. His work is not, as it has been called (in the earlier years of this century), the chief authority of the Middle Ages in geography. For, on the whole, its influence is only slightly, and occasionally, traceable"

Similar to the "explanations" of Tripartite or T-O mapsen.wikipedia.org/wiki/T_and_O_map

"The assertion that T-O maps depict a "flat earth", while common, is unwarranted. The "circle of the lands" in a T-O can just as easily be fit onto the sphere of the Earth as onto a flat, disk-shaped Earth."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mappa_mundi

Anyway, will have a read and if I discover anything interesting ...

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Posted by micra on 07/31/2015

Eric, 
I love your collection of maps, and the inspiration for others to join in the research, and post their own.
I have been an enthusiastic map collector of many years now, be it then, as, a drone sphere believer.
The maps are in the main, beautiful objects.
What of course is blindingly apparent is that they are old.
There is no flat earth map made today in 2015.
What does the flat earth really look like?
The more I look at the problem the worse it seems to get.

Eric do you think it is possible to have a map of the flat earth as it physically exists,
the bit of earth you stand on is a real distance from the bit of earth I stand on,
but what is the distance?
Am I right in thinking, 
just as the sphere mapper can never map a truly accurate flat map, due to inevitable distortions,
are we as flat earth cartographers, destined to fail because of lack of information;
do we have to somehow map the earth ourselves?
Who on earth do you trust?
Maybe a map isn't the answer anyway.
It's all getting philosophical from here on in... 

Clarification edit : What I refer to is the central landmass, not the unknown expanse of Antarctica. 

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Posted by z on 08/02/2015

Here is another map, which I didn't see posted:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 8nEuaLCgF4IbKbKpEIQa

"Planispherium Terrestre"

Published by Pieter van der Aa, 1710

Printed by Lahaina Printsellers, Ltd., 2015

This reproduction of the finely hand-colored copperplate engraving of "Planispherium Terrestre" was originally published by Pieter van der Aa in 1710. The projection is azimuthal equidistant, centered on the North Pole, and represents an important step in the history of map making.

Although considered to be the first strictly scientific map of the world, despite its cartographic sophistication, it still incorrectly shows California as an island.

Based on a previous map by Cassini, van der Aa added large classical figures in the four corners, surpassing his predecessor in artistic excellence.

Found here:  www.printsellers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_180_61&products_id=633

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:53 pm

Not flat earth maps, but some interesting celestial maps can be found here:

www.printsellers.com/index.php?cPath=33_73

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 E4osDv2qxaWo3_RI9Spj

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 QUfUfZKhYU0xrzh9Pec9

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 GDp2AaRQfHKUHeI8LE28

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Two more celestial maps:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 2soJlQHi7CG9ywuhLlFE

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Tdu7S8w0Rz9SW7HqLiLl

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:55 pm

Posted by traval on 08/18/2015

Found this map from 1583.

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Clip_image0042

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:56 pm

Posted by micra on 08/23/2015

May 31, 2015 15:39:33 GMT Admin said:
I don't particularly trust any of the maps, but the general azimuthal equidistant flat Earth maps certainly are far more accurate than globe or traditional mercator projections.

In my research into the construction of a flat earth map, I found this quote from Eric above.
A valuable reminder when trying to wrap your head around aircraft flight lines and the like.
Eric is right the azimuthal equidistant projection is far more accurate than other globe projections.
It is beautiful in its whole flatearthness. 
The pole in the center and all below south.
The southern rim serves the logical perimeter. 
I am presently thinking that one key area which might be very pertinent is marine navigation.
The Mercator was the map invented to aid marine navigation
and it is "our" most familiar projection.
My knowledge of this subject is marginal at best (presently),
are there any sailors on the international flat earth research society?
If so, could you explain how accurate is the distance between places (land places)?
When you sail from one cape to the other, do you know how far that is and how long it will take?
Does it end up all going crazy and you find yourself sailing for weeks
(because its a lot further on a azimuthal)?
Is this even a sensible question?
Does a globe earth projection work as navigation for mariners?
Southern Ocean exploration has always held a feeling of the unknown about it.
Is that because of its distance from the main bulk of land
so un-mapped, one could be lost in fact.
I don't mind becoming an armchair laptop mariner to find these things out
but there is only so much time.
So if anyone can add any nautical tips to the map story
that could be interesting. 
Thanks.

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Posted by micra on 08/25/2015

In fact there is a problem with every representation/projection of Australia. (Or Anywhere)
What you see in every map is:
A flat earth being projected onto a sphere.
This flat earth is being twisted morphed bent warped distorted squeezed fed into mathematical equations spat out as curved lump of spinning bullmud.
We have no idea where we are on any of the maps.
They are math exercises.
The flat plane has been curved and it don't fit properly on a map.
To say we have a problem is the first step in our efforts to map our own world.

I would highly recommend  John P Snyder's " Flattening the Eath, Two thousand years of map projections".
Inside you can discover delights such as "The Craig mecca projection"
which is retroazimuthual centred on Mecca.
Which is quite funny when you think about it,
religion building its own world map,
but that's all any of these lying distorted corruptions are anyway.
What do you think of Australia here?

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 Xv7plL4Y9O0ltIg86nEU

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Posted by okayako on 08/26/2015

I think they keep showing us images of the globe to prove that this is all there is to see. All people can see the entire globe, with nothing hidden. However, like Micra says, we really don't know what our world looks like, or where we are on it. I do think the elite, illuminated DO know much more than we do, they DO know what the world really looks like from afar, but cover the knowledge with globe photos and incorrect maps. That way, we would never know that there was anything hidden at all! Now, some of us are aware that they ARE hiding facts about our world, and we are becoming curious and vocal! I think this is one of the "why" reasons that they are feeding us lies about the globe and showing us phony satellite photos. They are hiding something from us, and we intend to find out exactly what!

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkforyourself Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Posted by The Modern Gnostic on 08/26/2015

Here is an incredible flat earth map found at the Boston Library. The company that published it was Buffalo Electrotype and Engraving Co. Check out the detail and precision. This map is Gleason's New Standard Map Of The World:

maps - Flat Earth Maps  - Page 2 06_01_008377

Map title: Gleason's new standard map of the world : on the projection of J. S. Christopher, Modern College, Blackheath, England ; scientifically and practically correct ; as "it is."

Publisher: Buffalo Electrotype and Engraving Co.

Date: 1892

Subject: 19th Century, Map projection, World maps

Shun the non-believers!

'Flat Earth Diva'

Thinkforyourself
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next